Privacybeleid van Invoice2go
Effective Date: June 29, 2021
At Invoice2go, Inc., we, along with our corporate affiliates, including Cimrid Pty Ltd (“Invoice2go”, “we” or “us”), respect the privacy rights of our online visitors (“users”), customers of our Service (“Customers”) and their actual and potential end customers (“End Customers”) (collectively with Customers and other users, “you” or “your”). We recognize the importance of protecting the information we collect about you. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, share and protect your Personal Information and how you can exercise your rights in respect of the Personal Information we use. “Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly.
This Privacy Notice applies to our “Product,” which means (a) our suite of services and features that help Customers run a small business, manage customer relationships, send invoices, accept payments, improve cash flow, create an online presence, and more, (b) our related mobile applications (“Apps”) and software (“Software”), and (c) any upgrades or updates to any of the above. The Privacy Notice also applies to other aspects of our website at Invoice2go.com, including any localized versions and any subdomains (the “Site,” and collectively with the Product, the “Service”). It also covers the treatment of Personal Information we may collect from social networks, service providers, and other third party sources as further described below.
If an End Customer receives an invoice from one of our Customers and then comes to the Site or App, or an actual or potential End Customer otherwise interacts with the Service, then the actual or potential End Customer is also subject to this Privacy Notice. Please remember that our Customers are small businesses who may have their own privacy practices. This Privacy Notice applies only to Invoice2go’s own data practices, and not to the practices of Customers or other third parties.
For the meaning of capitalized terms we use here that are not defined in this Privacy Notice please see our Terms of Service.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- Types of personal information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- How we share your information
- Your choices about your information
- How long we keep your information
- Third party tracking and online advertising
- How we store and protect your information
- Legal basis for processing personal information (GDPR)
- Your data protection rights
- Notice to California residents: your California privacy rights
- Children’s privacy
- Links to other web sites and services
- How to contact us
- Changes to our privacy notice
- Types of personal information we collect:
- Identification information. We may collect Personal Information, such as a username, first and last name, phone number or e-mail address, as well as information about your business, when you register for the Service or if you correspond with us. We may also collect information about your interactions with us, including any contact we have with you by telephone, email or online. For service improvement, security, dispute resolution and training purposes we may monitor and record your communications with us (including email and telephone) in accordance with applicable laws. When you register or apply for certain financial services, we may collect details such as date of birth, passport number, Social Security number, driver’s license number, residency status, and nationality.
- Financial Information. We will collect billing information from Customers who sign up for a paid account. Customers who use Invoice2go Money for banking and other financial services authorize Invoice2go to access their bank account application information and information about their bank account. If you are an End Customer paying an invoice, whether through Invoice2go Money or through a third party, Invoice2go and its Payment Partners receive certain personal information. Further detail on personal financial information collected in connection with payments (including name on a credit card, cardholder postal code, the last four digits of a credit card number and certain other transaction information) is described in Section 8 (How We Store and Protect Your Information).
- Inferences. We sometimes create inferences about users based on the other information we have about them.
- Information we collect from social networks. We may receive information about you when you interact with the Service through various social media, for example, by logging in through or “liking” us on Facebook or “following” us on Twitter. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites, mobile applications and services before linking or connecting them to the Service.
- Information we collect from service providers and third parties. We may receive information about you from sources, such as referrals from affiliates, other services, marketing partners, review sites, analytics providers, or our Payment Partners, which we will use and share in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Other personal and business information collected through your use of the Service. We may collect various information through your use of the Service about your business and your actual and potential End Customers, for example, your phone number, accounts receivable information or your actual and potential End Customers’ mailing addresses or taxpayer identification numbers. We use and share information about your actual and potential End Customers solely to provide you and your actual and potential End Customers with our services and in accordance with Section 3 (How We Use the Information We Collect) and Section 4 (How We Share Your Information) and our Terms of Service.
- How we use the information we collect:
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Service and our other products and services to Customers and actual and potential End Customers, including to create and send invoices and facilitate payment, process chargebacks and other disputes, and to operate the features and functionality of the Service;
- To address user inquiries;
- To diagnose or fix technology problems;
- To detect and control unauthorized use or abuse of the Service and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To prosecute and/or defend a court, arbitration or similar legal proceeding, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities (including national security or law enforcement requirements);
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Service, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to better understand how you use the Service);
- To communicate directly with you, including by e-mail, SMS, push notification or phone, by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services on an ongoing basis in accordance with your marketing preferences. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described below under Section 5 (Your Choices about Your Information). You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email or by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below;
- To respond to customer service inquiries or comments through the Service, and to discuss issues relating to your account or the Service. Your opt-out options are described below under Section 5 (Your Choices about Your Information) below;
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you when appropriate.
Other Aggregated and Anonymized Data.
We may also share aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical information we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such information as Personal Information, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise we may disclose such information for any reason. Please note that Invoice2go is not responsible should a Customer or End Customer choose to share an invoice or other item containing Personal Information with a third party.
- Your choices about your information:
- End Customers should contact the relevant Customer with any requests regarding their information.
- Customers have options for managing their account information and communication preferences: Customers may update certain account information and communication preferences at any time by logging into their account and changing their account settings. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at the address provided in Section 14 (How to Contact Us).
- Users can unsubscribe from promotional email by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. If you have opted in to receive text messages from us, you can opt-out at any time by texting STOP to 47864. Any user can also stop receiving communications from us by emailing us an opt-out request at firstname.lastname@example.org. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not, however, opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices) unless you terminate your account.
- Depending on where you live, applicable law may give you additional choices and rights regarding your information, as described in Section 10 (Your Data Protection Rights) and Section 11 (Notice to California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights).
- How long we keep your information:
Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information we collect and how it is used. Invoice2go’s retention periods are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, our intellectual property or ownership rights, contract requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving.
- Third party tracking and online advertising:
We may permit third party ad networks, social media companies, and other third party service providers to collect information about Customer behavior on the Service through cookies, social plug-ins, or other tracking technology. We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of the Service over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on other websites or services. Typically, the information is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. Please visit our Cookie Notice for details on how you can manage our partners’ use of these technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of all collection of any information through cookies or certain other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies and how you may opt-out of some of this tracking, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.) Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at the address provided in Section 13 (How to Contact Us).
- How we store and protect your information:
- Payments to Invoice2go and Customer financial information. When Customers pay Invoice2go for access to the Service, and/or set up an account or debit card through Invoice2go Money, Invoice2go may receive (from Customers or from its Payment Partners) the name on a credit card, the cardholder postal code, the last four digits of a credit card number, linked bank account information and certain other transaction information, which we use in accordance with this Privacy Notice as described in Section 3 (How We Use the Information We Collect). The Payment Partners receive the same information, as well as the full credit card number, and they can use your information as described in their own privacy policies and terms. Both Invoice2go and the Payment Partners may receive the information you provide through the application process to establish an account with the Payment Partners.
- Storage, Processing and International Transfers: Information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or another country in which Invoice2go or its subsidiaries, affiliates, Payment Partners, Capital or Lending Partners, or service providers maintains facilities. If you are located in the UK, European Economic Area (“EEA”), Australia or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including Personal Information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These safeguards may include for Personal Information of EU residents implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of Personal Information with our third party service providers and partners. Further details will be provided upon request.
- Keeping your information safe: Invoice2go cares about the security of your information, and uses technical and organizational measures to help protect the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Invoice2go will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals or customers whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Password Security: Customer’s passwords are an important element of our security scheme, and as such, Customers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the password or account. Customers must report any misuse or compromise of their password to Invoice2go at the contact address provided in Section 14 (How to Contact Us) as soon as they become aware of any such misuse or compromise.
- Legal basis for processing personal information (GDPR):
Where the GDPR applies, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you. If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided in Section 14 (How to Contact Us).
- Your data protection rights:
Depending on applicable law and your location, you have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. Invoice2go takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided in Section 14 (How to Contact Us).
- In addition, if you are a resident of the UK or EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided in Section 14 (How to Contact Us).
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here) If you are an Australian resident, for information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/ and on 1300 363 992.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request. To exercise your rights as an actual or potential End Customer with respect to the Personal Information we handle on behalf of a Customer, you must contact that Customer, not Invoice2go, as the Customer is responsible for responding to your requests.
- Notice to California residents: your California privacy rights:
Collection, Use, and Disclosure of California Personal Information.
Your CCPA Information & Deletion Rights.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides certain rights to California consumers. Not all such individuals have the same rights under the CCPA, but where these rights apply, California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide you access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
- Opt-out of the “sale” of personal information we hold about you (but we do not “sell” personal information, so this is inapplicable).
You may have the right to receive information about certain financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also right not to receive “discriminatory treatment” (within the meaning of the CCPA) for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request at https://support.2go.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or by phone at 1-888-818-7110.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. We reserve the right to take steps verify your identity before responding to your request, which may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, verifying your name, email address, and other information regarding your use of the Service, or requiring you to login to your account (if you have one). To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Our Customers control the information we receive for them about their actual and potential End Customers through the use of the Services. If we receive a request from actual and potential End Customers that involves personal information collected by us on behalf of our Customers through the Services, we will inform the relevant Customer (if we can identify them through your request).
- Children’s privacy:
Invoice2go does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information where required by law. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under age 16, please contact us at the address provided in Section 14 (How to Contact Us).
- Links to other web sites and services:
The Service may integrate with or contain links to other third party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service, and your interactions with any third party website or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. You are responsible for examining third party websites’ privacy policies and for making your own decisions regarding the accuracy, reliability and correctness of material and information found.
- How to contact us:
If you have any questions or otherwise need to contact us in connection with this Privacy Notice or the Service, please contact us at:
555 Bryant St. #263
Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Changes to our privacy notice:
Invoice2go may modify or update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in our business and practices or applicable laws, and you should therefore review this page periodically. We will update the ‘last modified’ date at the top of this page when we make any changes. Further, when we change this Privacy Notice in a material manner, we will let you know of such material change in addition to updating the ‘last updated’ date at the top of this Privacy Notice.