Every piece of communication your business sends out should reflect your branding. Even the humble invoice can be a great tool to remind your customers who you are and what you stand for. Invoice2go gives you a number of ways to customize your invoice template, and to make it your own. Here you’ll learn more about how to design an invoice using Invoice2go’s flexible templates, how to create or use an existing business logo, and how to make other tweaks along the way. Because even when it comes to something as simple as an invoice, one size never fits all.
Shake things up with an invoice template style
Say goodbye to boring invoice templates. Invoice2go gives you various options to style your invoice template to be modern, creative, traditional or anything in between. You can change up the color, or add a background image. To get started:
- Go to Settings and tap on Style.
- Swipe through all the styles and select the one you like.
- Tap on Color and swipe to find your pick.
- Then tap on Background to select your desired background and tap Done.
Display or hide various invoice options
You can also tailor your invoice template by displaying or hiding various invoice options. Let’s say you have an inventory business. You can show product code, or even display shipping fields like shipping amount and date. And you can hide fields that aren’t relevant for your business. Your customers would likely agree: the less complications the better.
- Go to Settings and tap on Options.
- Set the toggle button to On for whatever option you want to display.
- To hide columns or shipping fields on your invoice, set the toggle button to Off.
Add a company logo to your invoice
A logo plays an important role in representing your business and how you’re recognized by your customers and other businesses. If you have a logo for your business, you can easily add it to your invoice template. If you don’t, you can still make your mark by designing your own with Invoice2go’s logo wizard.
To upload your own logo
- Go to Settings and tap Set up my Logo.
- Select Use Image to select your own logo from your photos. You can edit it how you like by cropping and selecting a shape. Tap on Done when you’re happy with the look.
- Tap on Color to pick a color.
- Tap on Next for options to resize and position the logo.
- Tap on Done and your invoice template is customized and ready to go.
Creating a logo from scratch
To create your own logo from scratch, it’s really simple.
- In Settings, tap Setup my Logo.
- Select Design custom logo. There are choices in Art to fit your industry, as well as various frames and colors.
- Once the design is complete, position the logo. Tap on Done.
Attach a photo to showcase your work
There’s no better way to communicate your work than to send your client a photo of a job well done. Take full advantage of the ability to attach a photo to each individual invoice. Whether you’re a dog walker and it’s a snap of the happy pup or you run a landscaping business and want to show off the finished product, it can make all the difference to your customer.
- Open an invoice and tap on the Paperclip button.
- Select the Camera and snap away or select a photo from your phone.
- Tap on Attachment # to edit the caption or even add a description
- Tap on Done.
Now you’re equipped to fully customize your invoice template, so you can always put a consistent, professional foot forward, and help your business stand out from the crowd.